Frequently Asked Questions for Online Learners
What are the requirements for the dual-enrollment program?
1) Students must attend an accredited or locally-approved academic program within their local or regional jurisdiction abroad.
2) Students must complete a minimum of six (6) approved credits within the WA Online dual-enrollment program course listing. Credits must include two upper-level English courses, a U.S.-centric Social Studies course, and three (3) electives.
3) Students shall not be allowed to receive original credit for courses previously completed for similar credit at their local school or school district. They must also graduate from their local school in good standing before completing and receiving recognition from WA Online.
Do the assignments and quizzes have deadlines?
WA Online is a hybrid, self-paced learning platform. The platform will reflect recommended due dates, but students will not be penalized for late submissions. The listed due dates are simply to help students pace themselves in order to complete the course in the given timeframe. All coursework must be completed no later than the “end of enrollment date” established during registration.
Are there any restrictions regarding graduation?
1) All students must complete the program’s coursework in its entirety prior to their 20th birthday in order to qualify for graduation.
2) All coursework required for graduation must be submitted by June 1st of the current academic year, in order for the student to graduate and receive a diploma from WA that same June. If courses are not completed by June 1st, then students will receive an incomplete (I) and should request an extension. If the student successfully completes the incomplete coursework prior to August 31st, then the incomplete designation shall be replaced with the current grade and the student shall receive their diploma on December 1st.
3) Any student who fails a required course for graduation in a core area must repeat the course at WA Online before the next course in the sequence may be taken. Failure in an elective course will not automatically dictate a make-up course. However, the course would have to be repeated if it is a prerequisite for another course the student wishes to take or if the student would not meet the graduation requirements for electives.
What is the WA grading scale?
F. (below 70)
Is it possible to receive an extension for my course?
Can I drop a course?
For Technical requirements for the Edgenuity platform, please Click Here.
About Washington Academy
Powered by American Curriculum Partnerships